OPPORTUNITIES FOR VOLUNTEERS
Volunteerism is an important part of the Lamb’s Fold program. Many former residents and others in the community tell us they volunteer because they wish to “give back” in honor of help they received when they were struggling. We all need help sometime—and Lamb’s Fold needs help all the time.
Lamb’s Fold relies greatly on our team of dedicated volunteers, who provide approximately 10,000 hours of service annually in such areas as:
- Receiving donations;
- Sorting food donations and rotating stock in our Residents’ Food Pantry;
- Sorting clothing donations and organizing our Clothing Room;
- Transportation assistance;
- Helping with large mailings;
- Seasonal help, such as sorting and wrapping Christmas gifts.
- Painting, cleaning, etc.
All our regular volunteers are background-checked and trained for their specific tasks,
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering at the Lamb’s Fold, please call us at 815-723-5262 and ask for the Volunteer Coordinator.